1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can ipad2 wifi be upgraded to 3g

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by choppakatlakiran, Aug 5, 2013.

1. choppakatlakiran

choppakatlakiran iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is iPad is provided by Sikkim manipal university I am not able to connect to Internet when I am out side. As so I am not able to use it.

Regards
    Kiran kumar Choppakatla
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,917 / 1
    I'm afraid that upgrading a WiFi only iPad to WiFi+3G is not possible. If you are on the move and outside the range of an available WiFi connection, your only chance of getting an international connection is to connect to the personal hotspot produced by a phone or MiFi device.

Here's a thread that discusses the same situation as yours. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-fo...r-service-i-can-buy-get-internet-outside.html

Welcome to the iPad forums Kiran, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 298,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
    We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app.iPad Forums App Tutorial
    We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  3. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +432 / 0
    Welcome to our forums, You cannot upgrade a wifi only iPad however you can purchase a wifi 3 g MiFi modem which has a battery life of around 9 hours and has built in hot spot. These are generally prepaid and can be topped up each month or longer periods if required. The other option is if you have a smart phone that supports personal hot spot then you can connect the iPad to the phone via wifi and use the phone to connect to the Internet. Be aware some carriers in USA do not allow tethering as it is called so check with your provider. Hope that helps you with your request.
  4. choppakatlakiran

choppakatlakiran iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can u please suggest the best 3G Mifi dongle in Indian market
  5. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +432 / 0
    I have no idea however go to your local mobile phone provider whom offers SIM cards and ask them . Some one else here may know so just wait and see