What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can ipad2 wifi be upgraded to 3g

choppakatlakiran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is iPad is provided by Sikkim manipal university I am not able to connect to Internet when I am out side. As so I am not able to use it.

Regards
Kiran kumar Choppakatla

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is iPad is provided by Sikkim manipal university I am not able to connect to Internet when I am out side. As so I am not able to use it.

Regards
Kiran kumar Choppakatla

I'm afraid that upgrading a WiFi only iPad to WiFi+3G is not possible. If you are on the move and outside the range of an available WiFi connection, your only chance of getting an international connection is to connect to the personal hotspot produced by a phone or MiFi device.

Here's a thread that discusses the same situation as yours. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-fo...r-service-i-can-buy-get-internet-outside.html

Welcome to the iPad forums Kiran, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 298,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app.iPad Forums App Tutorial
We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums, You cannot upgrade a wifi only iPad however you can purchase a wifi 3 g MiFi modem which has a battery life of around 9 hours and has built in hot spot. These are generally prepaid and can be topped up each month or longer periods if required. The other option is if you have a smart phone that supports personal hot spot then you can connect the iPad to the phone via wifi and use the phone to connect to the Internet. Be aware some carriers in USA do not allow tethering as it is called so check with your provider. Hope that helps you with your request.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea however go to your local mobile phone provider whom offers SIM cards and ask them . Some one else here may know so just wait and see

Most reactions

Latest posts