What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i update ios 5.1 to 5.1.1?

invite.devine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to update my ipad 3 ios 5.1 to 5.1.1 ,
i don't want to update ios 6 ..

So, can i update ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not possible, unless you have saved your SHSH Blobs for 5.1.1 prior to 18:00 on 21st September 2012. These blobs are secure signatures which Apple use to verify you are entitled to install the software. There is no way to bypass the process or use other peoples files, so unless you know what they are and already saved them back then, you are out of luck, sorry.

If you do happen to have them saved via TinyUmbrella or Cydia, then you can use my tutorial here to help you install 5.1.1 - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...5-x-ipad2-ipad3-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs.html, but be warned. Without saved blobs you simply won't be able to get it to work, and there are no other options, sorry :(

Without blobs, you can only install the latest version of IOS, which is 6.0.1 today.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 beta

This is not correct information, and we have strict rules on the forum about the promotion of beta IOS versions. I suggest you read our rules carefully.
Unless the OP is a registered Apple Developer, he has no right to access or install beta software. Furthermore, the IOS 5.x betas should all be expired now.

Most reactions

Latest posts