What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade from 5.1.1 to 6

MikeyBeChaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I have a iPad 3 and I want to update from 5.1.1 to iOS 6. Because iOS 7 has released I cant use the auto upgrade. I dont want to go to 7 because there is no jail break right now.

So how do I manually install iOS6 ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a iPad 3 and I want to update from 5.1.1 to iOS 6. Because iOS 7 has released I cant use the auto upgrade. I dont want to go to 7 because there is no jail break right now.

Sorry, but you can't. The only iOS to which you can upgrade that iPad is iOS 7.0.2. Apple closed the signing window to iOS 6.anything on September 18.

All you can do is stay at iOS 5.1.1 and wait for a jail break for iOS 7.

Marilyn

Diavolonero

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Don't butter stay with the great 5.1.1 like me everything works great and smooth why go to that problematic 7 :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Latest posts