What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I sync the APPS dloaded using my pc to iPad 2 without deleting the existing APPS?

yewwing1972

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess this will be pretty simple for all the expert here.

I dloaded quite a number of APPS (say A,B,C) directly from APPS store through ipad WIFI connections.

At the same time, I also dloaded few APPS (say D,E) through my PC.

Now, how can I sync those APPS (D,E) dloaded from my PC to my ipad without deleting those (A,B,C) dloaded through ipad wifi ??

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Connect your ipad to your pc, it will likely ask you that there are apps on the ipad that are not in the library, do you wish to copy them? If it doesn't just right click on your ipad (under devices in itunes left hand panel) and transfer purchases.

BTW, even if you do end up deleting apps, you can just redownload them again for free.

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Connect your ipad to your pc, it will likely ask you that there are apps on the ipad that are not in the library, do you wish to copy them? If it doesn't just right click on your ipad (under devices in itunes left hand panel) and transfer purchases.

BTW, even if you do end up deleting apps, you can just redownload them again for free.

Problem with reels loading apps is in most cases you lose information and/or progress.
Say take "Lego hp" for example, you get to the 50% mark and decide that you want to add an app from your computer, because you have set up 'manual synching' iTunes decides that you now want to auto sync and starts deleting apps. You reels load the hp app, and presto your back at 0%.
If there is a way around this I'd love to know.

For now I just use the feature available in 4.3.3 to download purchases in iTunes. In the app store, log in to the account you use on the computer and click on the 'purchased' tab on the bottom of the screen. And type in search the app name you are looking for. Bear in mind this will use up more of your precious data allowance, wifi networked or 3G, so if it's limited downloads then this might not help you..

Most reactions

Latest posts