What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone help me please, appstore login hack

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI all I've just noticed an app which I cant remember downloading is in the app store. And it got me thinking. If I did not download it who did? Is it possible for someone to use my apple ID and password on their device to gain access to things like my photos, my AppStore purchases etc without me knowing?
For example if I used an iPhone and put my ipad apple ID into the iPhone could I then download any apps or sync the contacts and photos from ICloud back ups from the iPad onto the iPhone and then just change the iPhone back to their own normal settings without me even knowing?
I wonder if my friend figured out my password and used my account on his device to add this app? Or it could be a hacker or something, or even just plain paranoia haha
Any help to understand this apple ID sharing would be helpful, but I assume I would have got an email from apple if someone logged in elsewhere?

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check your purchase history and your payment method. See if anything was charged and changed in payment

My account got "hacked" earlier this year. It was like $80 worth of junk. My payment method was still paypal but my phone number was changed to 123-456-7890....

If your account was hacked, go to..

Expresslane.apple.com. File a claim and go from there.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
therealriley said:
HI all I've just noticed an app which I cant remember downloading is in the app store. And it got me thinking. If I did not download it who did? Is it possible for someone to use my apple ID and password on their device to gain access to things like my photos, my AppStore purchases etc without me knowing?
For example if I used an iPhone and put my ipad apple ID into the iPhone could I then download any apps or sync the contacts and photos from ICloud back ups from the iPad onto the iPhone and then just change the iPhone back to their own normal settings without me even knowing?
I wonder if my friend figured out my password and used my account on his device to add this app? Or it could be a hacker or something, or even just plain paranoia haha
Any help to understand this apple ID sharing would be helpful, but I assume I would have got an email from apple if someone logged in elsewhere?

Apple will not alert you if your account makes purchases from another device, purchase confirmation yes, alert that different device made purchase? No.

See this link : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1420

Not sure if it can prove helpful but likely worth a read.

Snippet:

If you need to authorize your new computer and are unable due to already having five authorized computers, you can deauthorize all computers by doing the following:

Click iTunes Store on the left side of iTunes.
If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.
Click the Account button again (your Apple ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.
In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually, when I made my first purchase on the new iPad I had to confirm (with my Apple ID and password) before it went through; and I did receive a warning email from Apple letting me know that a new device had made a purchase on my account.

If your account was hacked then a savvy hacker would have changed your default email address (can be different from your Apple ID) before doing anything else. Though you should get a warning email to the old email address when that happens.

You should review your account and purchases history, as suggested, and contact Apple if there have been changes.

It won't hurt (much) to change the password while you are at it. That will trigger a lot of password changes all over the place on the iPad, and probably the need to sign out and back into several services (like the iStores). So be prepared for that.

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for the info, it's just one drawing app that was free, but I never selected it. Nothing else has been bought and I don't have my bank details connected to the AppStore. But I've changed the password now, I can't believe anyone could crack my 1st one though! There seems no harm done other than a free app was downloaded? I should be ok now I hope. Thanks again for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts