What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera resolution on IPad 3rd generation

gsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two questions:

If I go to the main Apple website and compare Ipads, they list three:
  1. The Mini
  2. Ipad 2 (Camera 960-by-720 photos)
  3. Ipad with Retina display (Camera 5 Megapixel)
The model number on my Ipad says "A1430" which is Ipad 3rd generation. I cannot detemine if # 2 or # 3 from the above list is mine.

The www.everymac.com tech website says the 3rd gen has a 5 Megapixel camera, which does not seem to sync up with the Apple website specs.

Which I pad do I have and how come Apple does not list "3rd generation"

Also, which camera do I have?

Thanks

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have a Retina display, your camera is 5 megapixels (2048 x 1536), and takes 1080p HD video. "iPad3" is a convenient nickname invented by the press, and not an official Apple model name.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
G

gsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Lanny, thank you. To be more a little more specific with my question, does the Model A1430 have a Retina display and also does the model A1430 have the 5 megapixel camera? ( I am not sure I have a Retina display).

Also, I thought the the Retina display model had the new small PC sync connector. My A1430 has the standard iPhone4-Ipad one large connector.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, you have an iPad3 wifi+cellular. It has the same camera specs as my A1416 wifi-only, as above. You can Google "iPad A1430 specs" if you like.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts