What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

camera kit doesnt work !

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to use the camera kit to transfer some data from an SD card to the ipad2

when I connect it I het the message:

"Device uses too much power" error.

how can I solve this problem? if I connect it using a powered USB hub will it work ? have you tried?

any powered hubs with the ipad connector on the market?

else meanwhile if I want to have word, excell, files in my ipad how can I transfer them?

what is a free online web service to do this?

even if having a wayt to read usb memory devices, external HD or sd cards is very important and usefull to have

thaks

Mario

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can only transfer photos or video via the camera kit. For the external HD have a look at the hyperDrive.

HyperDrive

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you using the SD reader that comes with the Apple camera connection kit? ( Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit - Apple Store (U.S.) ) ... If so, it should work. . I read SD cards with no problems using this adapter. If you can't read SD cards using Apple's SD card reader for the iPad, you might want to contact Apple.

If you're using other types of external card readers plugged into the Apple USB adapter, then you will have the "Too much power" problem..

As far a file transfers go.. I use Dropbox. There's a great Dropbox iPad app that makes it easy to use.

Most reactions

Latest posts