Camera in iPad coming

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Seadog, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    For those who cannot function without a webcam, a company is bringing out a webcam that fits on the iPad and used the SD card function to work. Butt ugly if you ask me, but someone will buy it.

2. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Link to product?. And what SD card function?

3. GiPad

GiPad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm asuming he's talking about the impossible to get Camera Connection Kit accessory. I cant imagine any type of external camera to be anything other than circa 1995 web cam.

I'll wait for the second iPad, which will hopefully have the same beautiful camera system Steve Jobs just layed out for iPhone 4. That might explain why they omitted it. Who know...they could have at LEAST put the 3GS camera in there. A materials cost of probably $5 max to them??

4. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
  5. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I just got my camera kit today. I don't I'd use it for a webcam though. It's my experience that when I would use a webcam - traveling - the hotels (even the nicest resorts) have crappy internet to the point of making a webcam useless.

6. IPad-Fan-64

IPad-Fan-64
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I don't know what to think about that camera, be good to see what the picture is like though

7. HistoryWes

HistoryWes
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    With as small as they are making in-phone cameras, you would think they could come up with something very tiny to plug into that port.

8. Teacher's Pet

Teacher's Pet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking the same thing, something kinda like the Bluetooth adapters for the ipods, about that size with a lil camera built in

9. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Three things were predicted after the announcement today. First, that with the coming Facetime for iOS 4, iPad 2 will have a forward facing camera. Second, the new high rez Retina iPhone screen is expected to be carried over to the iPad. Third, (what else?) a faster processor and more memory.

10. Hank3rd

Hank3rd
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I received my camera kit the other day and then ended up listing it on eBay and got $75 in 5 minutes. I will wait and Oder another one later on.

Some company took a Microsoft web came and got it to work on the iPad. I do not have a link though.