What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera but no camera

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera kit connects to a camera or by using the USB interface you can import photos onto the iPad. OK, well, that's another story and I will come back to this at the end.

What I want to know is why can't/won't Apple bring out a web cam type device to connect to the said USB port and let us use say FaceTime?

I understand that Apple maybe waiting to put this into the next iPad, but the iPod touch 4 already has it, and I bought one.

So it just can't be that people won't buy an iPod touch if an iPad has a camera. The Ipod and the iPad do things differently and that's why I have both.

Even if Apple doesn't bring out something to connect to the iPad as a web cam, why can't someone else make a device that connects to the USB port and use say something like the Camera app that is on the iPod touch?

Basically, what I want is FaceTime on the iPad. I just don't understand why it's not possible given that an iPad can be jailbroken and that the USB port can already read my card reader. That is, if iOS can recognise a card reader then it should also be able to recognize a web cam type device.

Most reactions

Latest posts