What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera connection kit...

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works as a USB port conversion and an SD card reader .. but what it does not do is allow you to plug a card reader into the USB port so you can read a CE card that some of the Canon camera use. My G9 uses SD but the 7D .. which does spectacular video .. uses a CF card.

Most of the Flip-style video cams use SD, and many like the Kodaks, Flip and Vado HD cams take really good YouTube-quality video. I have not tried uploading from these cams yet, but I will and report back.

0002S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering this and hadn't tried it yet. I was going to try it this weekend with video.

I'll let you know if I have any luck. I'll also check cydia for a jailbreak app for this.

dave421

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works as a USB port conversion and an SD card reader .. but what it does not do is allow you to plug a card reader into the USB port so you can read a CE card ....

Actually I thought that it was working with some card readers, just not all of them?

*edit* I found more reports. Apparently the issue is many readers drawing too much power but there are some that work. Lexar Pro CF/SD reader is apparently one of them if you can find it.

Last edited:
OP
Wetstuff

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steph: That was an interesting thought... I took a Pages doc from this iMac .. loaded it into an SD card. It loads into the images folder on the iPad; you can open and see it. (fuzzy...)

I then opened Pages within the iPad and asked it to import the file. The onboard version of the program would not/could not see it..

Dave: I have a Lexar Firewire reader for the CF .. I'll go on the hunt for the combo unit. It would be very good to be able to see the 7D video on the iPad. (I better check the 7D codec first... It is! ..H.264)

..... Alzo: I opened up a new subject about these pocket cams. More there + pics.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I tried this out just to see if it would work and it did :D.

if you use the USB connection adapter from the camera connection kit and use your iphone/ipad USB charging cable the iPad will think of the iPhone as being a USB storage device and let you import all of your iPhone pictures.

Most reactions