What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calender app

pob75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Is there a decent free/cheap calender/diary app that you can Use colour coding? I like the layout of the default one but everything you put in is one colour, in an ideal world I'd like a different colour for each person in the house

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can create different colored calendars in the native app.

Tap the Calendar button at the top left, then tap Edit. Tap Add Calendar to create a new on, then choose your color. Or tap an existing calendar to change its color. You're limited to 7 choices of colors, but that is usually enough.

When you are creating or editing an entry you will be able to choose/change the calendar. In Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; under the Calendar settings you can specify what calendar you want us use by default.

If you are not already doing so, I recommend keeping your calendars synced with an online service like. iCloud or GMail. If you have nothing now, iCloud is the easiest setup and most versatile. If you already have a Google account you can use it, but will need to change your account type to Exchange, and go through a couple extra steps to sync multiple calendars.

My biggest reason for recommending this is so that you can recover you calendar data in case something happens to the iPad or a gremlin takes a swipe at the app. Happens.

Last edited:
OP
pob75

pob75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow you absolute angel thank you, maybe you can help with something else?
I seem to be getting all the birthdays I have within my facebook account and I really don't want them there how do I get rid of them?

OP
pob75

pob75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ignore that if id read your message properly I would have known how to do it.

Thank you So much x

Most reactions

Latest posts