Calender app

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by pob75, Jul 31, 2012.

1. pob75

pob75 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

Is there a decent free/cheap calender/diary app that you can Use colour coding? I like the layout of the default one but everything you put in is one colour, in an ideal world I'd like a different colour for each person in the house
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,317 / 1
    You can create different colored calendars in the native app.

Tap the Calendar button at the top left, then tap Edit. Tap Add Calendar to create a new on, then choose your color. Or tap an existing calendar to change its color. You're limited to 7 choices of colors, but that is usually enough.

When you are creating or editing an entry you will be able to choose/change the calendar. In Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; under the Calendar settings you can specify what calendar you want us use by default.

If you are not already doing so, I recommend keeping your calendars synced with an online service like. iCloud or GMail. If you have nothing now, iCloud is the easiest setup and most versatile. If you already have a Google account you can use it, but will need to change your account type to Exchange, and go through a couple extra steps to sync multiple calendars.

My biggest reason for recommending this is so that you can recover you calendar data in case something happens to the iPad or a gremlin takes a swipe at the app. Happens.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  3. pob75

pob75 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh wow you absolute angel thank you, maybe you can help with something else?
    I seem to be getting all the birthdays I have within my facebook account and I really don't want them there how do I get rid of them?
  4. pob75

pob75 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ignore that if id read your message properly I would have known how to do it.

Thank you So much x
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,317 / 1
    Glad to help.