What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar repeats

Bluejak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there, just go an ipad mini. Great ... but ...

Most of my life is based on items that repeat month by month. For example, I play bridge with a lady on the second Tuesday of every month, and will probably do so for years. How do I put this recurring event in the Calendar? I cannot even find a way to copy an event. All I can see is to put in each event separately. Since I have about 20 or so events every month this will take forever.

Anyone able to help me please?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully this will help......

image-29944167.jpg

image-628338361.jpg

The Archangel

OP
Bluejak

Bluejak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I am afraid it doesn't. If you try that you will find the repeats do *not* include the possibility of 'every second Tuesday' and the like.

But for anyone who reads this witH the same problem, I have found a workaround. If I use icloud and put items in the Calendar
via my PC, then there it is possible because it allows Custom repeats of that sort.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluejak said:
No, I am afraid it doesn't. If you try that you will find the repeats do *not* include the possibility of 'every second Tuesday' and the like.

But for anyone who reads this witH the same problem, I have found a workaround. If I use icloud and put items in the Calendar
via my PC, then there it is possible because it allows Custom repeats of that sort.

Ah now I understand.....I was mistakenly thinking you meant every other Tuesday.......I should start to read everything at least twice before I answer!

The Archangel

OP
Bluejak

Bluejak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Ah now I understand.....I was mistakenly thinking you meant every other Tuesday.......I should start to read everything at least twice before I answer!

The Archangel

To make it worse, the same problem with no workaround seems to happen in Reminders.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluejak said:
To make it worse, the same problem with no workaround seems to happen in Reminders.

If it helps, I also use Pocket Informant and this allows for both bi-weekly appointments and custom repeats.....

image-1736434464.jpg

There are different versions, this is the one that I use

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pocket-informant-pro/id380732176?mt=8 but it might be worth looking at the other versions to see what works best for you (oh, and PI also integrates with your Reminders).

I hope that helps.

The Archangel

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If all else fails you could change your bridge day to every 4th Tuesday :eek:
Merry Christmas.

Most reactions

Latest posts