What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying a used ipad

ms4jah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad from the apple store but I want to buy one from a friend for my daughter. Will I run into any obstacles to set up or register the iPad since I'm not purchasing from apple? Any other drawbacks I should know about?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you!

About your question: No, you'll have no troubles with it.

Just make sure that your friend restores it back to factory condition (done via iTunes) before handing it over to you. It'll make it easier for you to start with a "fresh" iPad than to have to deal with any leftover apps and information on it. You can't keep the apps on it anyway (any she bought have to stay with her) - so you might as well start from the beginning. That way, when you get it, you can plug it right into your iTunes and you're off and running!

Good luck. Hope your daughter enjoys her new "toy"!

Marilyn

OP
M

ms4jah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. So you are saying that via iTunes you can restore the iPad to factory settings, and that should should be done by seller before I purchase it.

Then I wonder what steps do I take to get set up for my daughtr to use it? When I bought mine it was at the apple store.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah,the seller should do it ... But you could to, should your friend not.

When you get it, if it's been reset back to like-new, all you have to do is plug it in and iTunes will walk you through the start-up and authorization. If you daughter lives with you, may I suggest you just use the same iTunes account you're using. That way, you can share apps and it'll make the "maintenance" on it easier.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

jennifercowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out AppleCrossing.com! They have great deals, excellent quality, and free shipping. I bought an iPad from them a few weeks ago and love it. They included a free screen protector too.

Most reactions

Latest posts