Browsing Apps

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by krisfish, Oct 27, 2011.

1. krisfish

krisfish iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I find an app and click on details and then click on "More". After I'm finished reading about that particular app I click to get back to the app page and it resets back to the first page. This is frustrating when you were 10 maybe 20 pages in and now you've got to click back through all those pages to get back where you were. Is there some way to get back to your present page vs. having to start over?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,981 / 0
    Unfortunately, no. Welcome to the Apple store...

The best work-around I've found is to use Google to search for apps (or any of the apps that advertise apps...). Then, make a list of the apps you wish to look at more closely in the store and go there specifically to get them or to look more closely at them.

You are just setting yourself up for frustration if you try to browse at the Apple Store (as you know). It's a terrible interface for that, IMNSHO.

Marilyn
  3. krisfish

krisfish iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply although I was hoping for a better solution. Guess I expected more from Apple - I'm sure I'm not the first to complain about this.
  4. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Try browsing for apps in a website that aggregates them. AppShopper is useful in this context, for example.
  5. s2mikey

s2mikey iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141 / 0
    I second this suggestion! AppShopper has been great - it shows me pricing changes and updates and lets me sort by various categories. Makes finding stuff easy. I agree that the Apple app store is a little dodgy and I only go there when Im actually ready to buy!