What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brain teasers

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh I see. The answer to your sequence is practically impossible because you're making it up on the spot. The reasoning behind your sequence is because they were the first numbers you thought of when trying to do this brain teaser ;)? In all serious though, I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this, you gonna let us know in a few days?

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ahh I see. The answer to your sequence is practically impossible because you're making it up on the spot. The reasoning behind your sequence is because they were the first numbers you thought of when trying to do this brain teaser ;)? In all serious though, I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this, you gonna let us know in a few days?

Or you are not thinking. You are assuming it is a math problem. It is a sequence and you must tell me the next number and why.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to sit here and think, your pointing out that it isn't maths related intrigues me :).
In the meanwhile tell me the answer to this question that was given to me inside a board game I got for Christmas:
There was once a college that offered a class on probability applied to the real world.The class was relatively easy, but there was a catch. There were no homework assignments or tests, but there was a final exam that would have only one question on it.When everyone received the test it was a blank sheet of paper with a solitary question on it: 'What is risk?'.Most students were able to pass, but only one student received 100% for the class! Even stranger was that he only wrote down one word!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going to sit here and think, your pointing out that it isn't maths related intrigues me :).
In the meanwhile tell me the answer to this question that was given to me inside a board game I got for Christmas:
There was once a college that offered a class on probability applied to the real world.The class was relatively easy, but there was a catch. There were no homework assignments or tests, but there was a final exam that would have only one question on it.When everyone received the test it was a blank sheet of paper with a solitary question on it: 'What is risk?'.Most students were able to pass, but only one student received 100% for the class! Even stranger was that he only wrote down one word!

All I can say is before I give an answer, this is something I must ponder.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I did Google, and while I don't know if this is the answer, it works. The next number is one, and the number after that is four.

Why, because each pair is a sequence of fractions, a normal whole number sequence, inverted: 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4. . .

I'm still scratching my head. The best can come up with is counting 11. 12. 13. Then 14 which are the next two digits.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm still scratching my head. The best can come up with is counting 11. 12. 13. Then 14 which are the next two numbers.

After the 12:30 clue I thought I had it for a moment, as a sequence of numbers encountered as the hands move around the clock 11, 12, 1... but it breaks down there, the next number should have been 2 and the answer 3. Oh well.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Next number in the series and tell me/us why it is the next number:

1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 3 . . .

Remember, anyone can guess and anyone can Google.

OK, Bob. I think the next number is 1. This because the sequence follows a drunkard's waltz. :D

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
Here's one that is unsolvable:

A man says: "I always lie"
Is he saying the truth?

VicoPad addict!

That's doesn't count :/. The sentence totally contradicts itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts