What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boaters: Navionics issue

toolguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Navionics HD app on my iPad and love it. What a great program, until today. I installed an update from Navionics with some new tools for the program. Well, I was plotting my local waters and the program asked me if I wanted additional detailed maps. Cool, right!? I clicked OK and it downloaded. I lost about 75% of my depth contour details. I've tried to fix this with no luck. I went to the App store to see if I could find out anything there and the apps are no longer on there!!! Anyone know what's going on? This is VERY disappointing. Hopefully it's a temporary glitch.

For any of you that have and enjoy this program, DO NOT download new maps! At least not until this is resolved.

rwlathrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have uploaded Navionics on my ipad3. We are currently located in Fiji and have the charts loaded and ready to go. The gps is not kicking in; the program is not recognizing my position. My husband has a tablet and it has worked fine for him in these waters. I do not see anything in settings, either in the iPad settings or the Navionics settings that imply I need to turn something on/off. I would love some advice!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try testing the iPad's GPS with another app like Maps or Google Maps, or if out of cellular range another mapping app with local data. (it is a cellular model, yes?)

Also, go into Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure Navionics is enabled.

I don't have the app, so this kind of genreal advice is all I can offer.

Most reactions

Latest posts