Bluetooth sharing

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by jaba123, Jun 30, 2016.

1. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I had iPad and now I want to share some pix with iPhone who can I do. I open Bluetooth to share like android but I can't. Tks in advance for reply.

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, one easy way is to use Apple's AirDrop which establishes an Ad Hoc wireless connection between iDevices - there are a number of requirements including having both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on for transmitting devices - check the link to determine if your hardware/software are compatible.

For myself, I've used AirDrop often to transfer files between our iPads, iPhone, and Mac computers - usually works fine, but sometimes can be annoying when one device fails to recognize the other. SO, let us know if this method works for you. Dave :)

3. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ok but I read the link iPhone 4s air drop did not cover let see I try to connect.

#3 jaba123, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  4. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I check option air drop in 4s no problem I will transfer pix other apps I think 4s Is out of APPLE family now due to very old to new software support. Thanks

5. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The 4s still gets the latest software, you can update it to 9.3.2, the recent iOS. It's possible that a few features don't work, but it's still supported.

It won't get iOS 10 in autumn, but that doesn't mean that it's out of the Apple family, as it's an Apple device.

6. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
  7. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, as I stated, you needed to check the compatibility of your hardware & software, and apparently Apple's iPhone 4s is not on the hardware list. Of course, depending on the number of images you want to transfer, emailing the pics to yourself would be an option.

Also, check this Forum Link, and specifically post #6 which I wrote last year - most of the suggestions apply - there are several apps (PhotoSync & PhotoTransfer) that provide wireless transfer between iDevices & computers - one would likely work for you. Dave :)

8. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Tkz the link did not work but don't worry I had more option like viber and as. Said mail but like android, Apple will make make friendly freely share things between apple device as iphone4s did not support air drop after Apple feel access

#8 jaba123, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  9. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    OK - the link works fine for me on my iPad and also on my MBPro, and likely for others - if you are still interested in reviewing options, the actual URL is shown below - take a look - may help? Dave :)

Looking for a simple photo uploader

#9 giradman, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  10. jaba123

jaba123
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I m using IPF via tapatalk maybe that's why