What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth mouse when will it be ?

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any developers working on getting a BT mouse to work on the iPAD?

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not so sure...
iOS 4.2 Beta 2 at least recognizes an Apple BT-mouse already, which wasn't the case with any previous iOS-versions.
Maybe we're in for a surprise one of these days...

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
recognizing and utilizing are completely different. I mean, I have an off-brand BT mouse that is recognized by the iPad, but it cannot utilize it.

Still tho, what would be the point of a mouse on an iPad?

Elminster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one good reason for a mouse is for people who use remote control products like logmein, vnc, rdp, citric etc. Normally the client you are connecting to is designed to be controlled by a mouse. I find these products very useful but a little difficult to use for long periods of time without a mouse. I.e remote support using an iPad with a Bluetooth folding keyboard, and a blue tooth mouse would be good.

For anything else I can't think of a use.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a mouse for when using my bluetooth keyboard. It's a kind of a pain to reach over to the screen to tap something when a mouse click would be easier.

Heck a BT keyboard with built-in trackpad would be nice too.

Michael

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a mouse for when using my bluetooth keyboard. It's a kind of a pain to reach over to the screen to tap something when a mouse click would be easier.l

Even if there is no mouse pointer, I agree, it would be nice to be able to scroll up/down/left/right without moving too far from the BT keyboard.

I asked a while back if the Apple bluetooth trackpad would work. Most of the replies were from people who couldn't comprehend why anyone would consider doing this :)

Here's what the trackpad looks like --> Apple - Magic Trackpad - The Multi-Touch trackpad for your desktop.

OP
StarLog

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly guys, my needs are for iTAP RDP, and using the trackpad, good info thanks.

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can only agree with Tinman.
Typing on the keyboard, then lifting the hand up to the near vertical screen starts hurting after a while.
Here, I'd like to be able to use a mouse.
I tried it with the mouse-driver from Cydia. This worked quite fine.
The disadvantage was that the BT-stack for the keyboard doesn't support all the keys.
But otherwise I found it really relaxing for my hand to be able to keep it moving horizontally.

Most reactions

Latest posts