What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth connectivity

butlerbmx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive searched and couldnt come up with an answer, so sorry if this is a repost.when i turn on the bluetooth on the ipad, it just searches and searches. I have a earpiece, and my phone, both find each other, but the ipad wont find them. I want to listen to music in my earpiece, but ipad wont find it. What can i do?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to have one that works with ipad, a normal bt headset wont work with it.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most single speaker bluetooth earpieces are only meant for telephone conversations and PMP devices will not allow them to work....it will work with an iPhone but not an iPad or iPod touch. There are many stereo media consumption bluetooth headphones that will work just fine.

I use my bluetooth car stereo with my iPad sometimes and my iPhone all the time.

OP
B

butlerbmx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i guess that makes sense. My bt earpiece would play music from my nokia phone, but wont with my huawei, so iguess i can uderstand it wont with the ipad, what a bummer tho. Guess i need to go find a decent pair of bt headphones. Anyone got any suggestions? Also, I hadnt thought of using the ipad in my car - the factory stereo is bt, so i will give it a shot. Thanks forum!

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just make sure the ones you get are A2DP compatible, and they should work with your iPad. I got the Sennheiser MM200 headset and that works nicely, though it's not the cheapest out there.

Dan Diego

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One last thing to try, if you haven't already. Ensure you headset is un-paired from everything else before you try to pair it with the Ipad.

FaFa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I just found this forum and I am desperately trying to pair my blackberry 8530 bluetooth to my iPad. The iPad just searches but never connects to the blackberry. The phone shows that the iPad is a paired device but the iPad just searches and searches.. Help? thanks

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cant do that without jail breaking ipad, As said before, there is only some headsets ipad is compatible with, but as for phones, you have to jail break ipad and buy a program in order to connect to BT phones, but even so, I dont think there is much you can do that way.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad Bluetooth has a very limited set of peripherals that it will connect to. Bluetooth keyboards are OK as are 'proper' stereo headsets and Bluetooth enabled stereo systems but not most Bluetooth cellphone earpieces.

So the iPad will not connect via Bluetooth to PCs, Bluetooth printers, cameras with a Bluetooth interface or cellphones. Your cellphone may 'see' the iPad and vice versa, but they will not pair.

As the previous poster intimated, there's really no (easy) way around this problem.

Tim
Scotland

yindee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a bummer. I have a number of fairly new bluetooth devices that I don't want to have to replaced. If I had known, going in, that the iPad Bluetooth was so limited, I would have gotten the Samsung Galaxy Tablet!

Most reactions

Latest posts