What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple accounts + synching...

Xenoshane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hows it going,

Did a search and couldnt find the answer i was looking for,

Mine is the common problem of wanting to get an app thats not available in my country.

I know the work around, but if i use a second account, downlaod the app.. when that account synchs to my ipad wont it wipe the rest of the apps?

Pretty new to apple devices, so maybe its a stupid question, any help appreciated!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, synching one account to the iPad won't wipe out the apps on the iPad from the other account. You'll just have to keep switching accounts back and forth to do updates.

However, keep this part in mind about automatic downloads. Apple has a [new] policy about automatic downloads. Here's what they say:

Be warned though, if you activate Automatic Downloads for one Apple ID on a device and then attempt to activate another Apple ID on the same device (US and UK iTunes accounts for instance), you'll get a pop-up notification saying:

If you turn on Automatic Downloads with your Apple ID, you cannot auto-download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days.

So, you may want to avoid turning on Automatic Downloads with one of the Apple IDs. Cause you'll be stuck with that ID for 90 days (as in, you won't be able to use the other ID to purchase or download past purchases).

If you stick to manual downloads, you'll be fine.

Marilyn

OP
X

Xenoshane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers Mickey... I chickened out for now but maybe at some stage in the future ill go through the bother- its only for one app anyway at the moment!

Nice one!

Most reactions