Blu-Ray ripper?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Jake872, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Jake872

Jake872 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Handbrake has worked great for ripping my DVDs, but what program can I use to rip my Blu-rays? Also, how much space would these files take up? Would I need a Blu-ray reader for this too? And when I sync these files to my iPad, would they look that much better than the DVD version?

2. JeffMorse

JeffMorse iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Jake,

For DVD's I use Aiseesoft's DVD to ipad suite and it's amazing. They make a blu-ray version too which I'm sure is just as good. Well worth paying for. With every ripper I'd used prior to this I'd have sync issues with voice/picture. No problems at all since. It'll automatically convert it to an ipad friendly format too.

As far as it looking better, no. The ipad isn't a high res device so I'm quite sure it won't matter. Not sure what sort of difference in file size you'll have either.

3. Guntherm

Guntherm iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes first of all you would have to have a Blue-Ray drive in computer to accomplish this.

I use DVDFab for Blue-ray ripping. Straight forward, easy to use. Plus you can tell it many differnt formats to save your Blue-Ray copy into. iPad, iPhone, mp4, mvk etc, etc.

Space is depending on the movie. For the most part when you are rippign Blue-rays expect at least 1-2 gig of space.

For ripping regular DVD's I use Catalyst3. Awesome program, many options if you want to use them. If you just want an easy ripping, just selct the device and away it goes. There is a free version available to use as well.