What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackberry email on ipad2

claire85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have a blackberry email address and would like to sync it to my iPad so I get my emails on it. I can't seem to be able to do it. Is this possible or do I have to look at creating another emaill address...which is not something I really want to do. Help please!!!

OP
claire85

claire85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
How have you currently set up the email address on the iPad?

Tim

I tried to go to the other option on the email set up and sort it out on there, but couldnt find out the web host addresses and everything else it asks for. New to iPad so very confused. Tried to sync my work email to which is an outlook web access but that didn't work either.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - if you go to 'Settings', 'Email, Contacts, Calender', 'Account' - what do you have there? Any accounts listed and, if so, if you select them, what do they 'say' - i.e. what are the incoming (POP or IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) settings? Don't tell us your email address or password, of course....

Tim

OP
claire85

claire85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad it says add account and the gives the options of gmail, yahoo, ect...... I havnt set any up yay because when I try it says unable to verify account. Below that the option is fetch new data, this then says push. I am trying to set up my blackberry email which is my personal email and then my work email which is an outlook based email. I can log onto it using outlook web access, but would like my emails to come through to me automatically without having to log in all the time.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - then you need to set up an email address on the iPad. What are the details of your Blackberry address? Again, don't send email addresses or passwords but the other details mentioned above and we'll see what we can do....

Tim

OP
claire85

claire85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a blackberry.orange.co.uk email address. When I try to set it up it then asks for imcoming mail server and outgoing mail server. I have no idea what to put in these boxes.

OP
claire85

claire85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
OK - I don't have a Blackberry Orange account so I can't log in to see the details..but maybe there's something here??

BlackBerry Internet Service

Tim

Hum mm I've tried looking on there and can't see anything. Any help on my work email? That's outlook web access.

OP
claire85

claire85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My work email is totally different to my blackberry one. It's just a normal outlook address and I can access it from any computer using the outlook web access. So was wondering if I could get that up as an email address on here to save me logging in every time on the web page. It's an nhs email.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have done the outlook email as how Tim had initally directed you too...settings/email/click onto to exchange. From there it will ask you your username, password, domain, server etc. This information you need to put in. You can also chose to sync your calendar etc during this time.

This is by memory, since I am at work without my ipad. It is fairly simple. I chose to fetch rather than have automatic notifications. Works well-it only holds ~3 days of emails than it no longer shows on the pad.

OP
claire85

claire85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm either being really thick here.....but I still can't seem to do it. :(

OP
claire85

claire85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's asking me for the server. Hummmmmm.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you ask your work what the actual server is. It won't be one word, but something like apple.edu.xox etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts