What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black keyboard update?

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 running iOS 5.01 jb with absinthe ( also happens on my iPhone 4s with same jb) When I entered Cydia yesterday, Black Keyboard was saying that there was an update. I click in update, wait for it to go through, restart the springboard button. Cydia has a '1' badge upon respring, so I open it up and the update is still saying it needs to be installed?! This is a repeating cycle on both devices, I have tried a power down and off, even a re-boot.

Any ideas out there?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be a mistake on the package parameters which has been submitted to the repo. The developer will likely fix it, but to get the fix, you will just need to keep an eye on it for a version change. If they fix the package without changing the version number, you will just need to keep re-installing it until you get a fixed version. Try once per day until it gets fixed. Not much else you can do.

OP
B

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It could be a mistake on the package parameters which has been submitted to the repo. The developer will likely fix it, but to get the fix, you will just need to keep an eye on it for a version change. If they fix the package without changing the version number, you will just need to keep re-installing it until you get a fixed version. Try once per day until it gets fixed. Not much else you can do.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still getting the problem of outdated key when Cydia loads up, I hope they sort the problem out soon, I love my black keyboard

You could always drop them an email to let them know using the contact details on the package in Cydia ;)

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I sent an email a while back, sent another tonight, hope I get a reply.

The outdated key problem links to hackndev.org, which is one of the standard repos that comes with Cydia. So I'm sure I can't be only person getting this?!

c8e6d1a7.jpg

Any ideas f4780y?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I sent an email a while back, sent another tonight, hope I get a reply.

The outdated key problem links to hackndev.org, which is one of the standard repos that comes with Cydia. So I'm sure I can't be only person getting this?!

Any ideas f4780y?

Not a standard repo AFAIK... Sure you didn't add it?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I know of, when I go into sources, then edit, it is an item that cannot be deleted......I just thought that meant it was supposed to be there.

Hmmm the plot thickens.

Could be an old repo... Did you use a pkgbackup restore after your jailbreak or anything like that? That may have brought across an old repo from your previous install...

OP
B

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Black keyboard is now with a "-2" at the end. It's installed and no problems so far on my iPad :)

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Cydia blurb about the app states: "Not compatible with iOS 5." I'm seeing the same thing. It's a little annoyance that I can live with, if there is no other choice for a black keyboard. I'll check out the "-2" part now.

[[ EDIT ]] Just upgraded it again - I had to do a "Clear" function, but then it installed the upgrade. It does still say not compatible with iOS 5, but now the update badge number is gone from the Cydia icon.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts