What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Reading Experience Between these Two ?

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Between Zinio and Magzter which is the Best to Read diffrent sorts of Magazines ranging from Lifestyle, Politics, World Today etc... When I say best, I also mean in terms of reading experience aswell... Like turning the Pages, scrolling which literally gives a feeling of reading a Virtual Book If I can say so.

Thanks in Advance !

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First I've heard of Magzter. I'll have to take a look. I quit using Zinio a long time ago do to the immense size of each magazine download. That was a couple years ago. I'm sure they've improved, but the last time I looked at their selection I didn't see anything I wanted badly enough to start using them again.

You might want to check out Next Issue as well. It offers a limited selection, but you get a lot of magazines for one fairly low subscription price. They're only offering one magazine I want, on the premium account, so I'm holding off. But if you see three or more magazines you want, the price is pretty attractive.

Sorry not to be able to offer more insight to your actual question.

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look. I quit using Zinio a long time ago do to the immense size of each magazine download. That was a couple years ago. I'm sure they've improved, but the last time I looked at their selection I didn't see anything I wanted badly enough to start using them again.

But how would you rate, describe the Reading Experience on Zinio based on your experience is it good ? better ? excellent ? Bad !!

You might want to check out Next Issue as well. It offers a limited selection, but you get a lot of magazines for one fairly low subscription price.

And how is this APP "Next Issue" designed in terms of reading experience turning the pages, scrolling how is the reading experience does it give a experience of reading a actual magazine? More than the content(I mean to a extent content is also important) It is the reading experience that the APP gives is more important to me.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
vish26 said:
But how would you rate, describe the Reading Experience on Zinio based on your experience is it good ? better ? excellent ? Bad !!

And how is this APP "Next Issue" designed in terms of reading experience turning the pages, scrolling how is the reading experience does it give a experience of reading a actual magazine? More than the content(I mean to a extent content is also important) It is the reading experience that the APP gives is more important to me.

My last experience with Zinio is over two years old. From what I can remember of it, any current Newsstand magazine is superior both in rendering time and display. I have no idea how good Zinio is today.

I've never used Next Issue. I can't speak to how well it works. I've kept an eye on it because I like the idea behind it, so I keep hoping that they will add enough magazines that I like to make it worth trying.

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With Reading Experience I meant something like the Kindle APP gives you :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't you just buy a single issue from both and test them for yourself? Asking other people to rate the experience (especially from two years ago) doesn't seem useful.

OP
V

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I did ! Still couldn't figure it out myself so thought would ask what others thought !

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With Reading Experience I meant something like the Kindle APP gives you :)

Zinio let you turn pages and tap on a few active links (in some mags). You could zoom in and out a bit. Otherwise, it was a PDF of the magazine. On the other hand no one was offering anything better at the time.

If you've had recent experience, you're more of an expert than I am. I know that's not much help. I only really meant to comment (thank you) for the pointer to Magzter, and return the favor by suggesting another source for you to consider.

Sjmckee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently use zino, and its as good as anything out there, it is a lot of data to download if watch that stuff. Comparing to a Kindle experience is tough, different size platforms. Zino is easy to use. i justg dont like having to log on everytime i want to read.
Has anyone tried out the Apple newsstand app yet?

Most reactions

Latest posts