What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase the ipad?

tdhaddox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've decided to get both kids iPads for Christmas. My next question is the best place to buy them?
I can get 2 year accidental insurance from Best Buy but it adds $200 to the cost of each.
I can get the $79.99 Apple coverage for a year, but doesn't cover "accidents".

Any suggestions? The kids are 16 & 20.

Thank you in advance!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SquareTrade has a good reputation for coverage that includes accidents. You can often find discount codes for ST warranties.

You also can buy with a credit card that includes damage coverage; many cards have that kind of protection.

If it were my kids, I'd let them know that repairs and replacements would be their responsibility if broken or lost.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
SquareTrade has a good reputation for coverage that includes accidents. You can often find discount codes for ST warranties.

You also can buy with a credit card that includes damage coverage; many cards have that kind of protection.

If it were my kids, I'd let them know that repairs and replacements would be their responsibility if broken or lost.

Funny you sound like ME!!! :D

Sent from my Tricked Out, Sparkly Pink Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You will find that Apple hardware pricing is very much like Levi's jeans or most video games. The prices are almost fixed. So, in your case, whomever gives you the best deal on the protection or extended warranty makes the most sense. Just don't pay too much for that coverage. When you start talking about $hundreds of dollars for insurance, you are now spending almost half of what the iPad costs in the first place. Just something to think about.

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree on the near fixed pricing point. The only discount I have found is the Educational one Apple offers if you qualify. This is good through Apple and through local school bookstores if they sell Apple products. It's not much but every little bit helps.

glk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy them at SAMs club. 90 day return policy.

kathrin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ya very much same question want to ask is there any best place to buy the ipad, like hot deals or hot spot..suggestion are needed

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kathrin said:
ya very much same question want to ask is there any best place to buy the ipad, like hot deals or hot spot..suggestion are needed

Not really. As we said, the pricing is nearly fixed for their hardware. To get any tangible deal you'd have to have a coupon or something for that particular store.

Most reactions

Latest posts