What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice on which iPads to purchase

cleoppa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

I represent a public library. We have plans to purchase 4 early literacy iPads. (See: https://www.tsl.texas.gov/sites/def...binars/earlyliteracy14/earlylitappsslides.pdf)

We will put a series of early literacy games on them and disable the Internet on them. Primarily it will be little people (maybe 2-6 years old) using them.

We applied for a grant to this end and received it. However, after I received the grant, I found the rugged, kid-friendly, security cases I had planned to purchase are now no longer made and impossible to get.

So, I had to change some things around a bit. I purchased four of these lovely iPad covers: https://www.amazon.com/Kensington-SafeGrip-Rugged-Case-K67809WW/ It says on them that they are for iPad Air.

However, when I just search for the latest version of an iPad, it's not really clear what kind of iPad it is, or if it will fit in this case. My current solution is to go to Walmart and see if they'll let me test it on one of their iPads. I certainly don't want to purchase an iPad without knowing it will fit the cases.

So... I'd prefer the newest, prettiest iPad. However, I'd be glad for any suggestions for an older version that works just as well, especially given our plans for them.

If I need to, I can purchase a different iPad case. However, I had four preferences for an iPad case:
1. Ability to secure it against theft (I will be attaching MacLocks to the back. This iPad case works better than most because it has a nice big window in the back.)
2. Rugged against drops from children
3. Fun colors for kids
4. Not enormously expensive

It is EXTREMELY difficult to find anything that satisfies all four of these, so I would rather go with an older iPad rather than find a new case.

Can anyone recommend the best iPad that will fit in these?

Thank you very much!

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you want an iPad to fit the cases you have, you will need to buy the first generation iPad Air. (The iPad Air 2 is not exactly the same.). I would have thought that that model would be perfectly adequate for your purpose.

Most reactions

Latest posts