What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Note App

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions of apps similar to Awesome Note? Without making this post huge, Awesome Note looks to do too much of the things I don't need and doesn't do some of the things I'd want it to do so I'm open to suggestions......hopefully for not more than $5.
Please opine!

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like notetaker hd, you can check out the app at the app store and they also have a YouTube video you can watch it in action. It's one of my top 3 apps I use

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None of 'em are perfect (whatever perfect means). I've tried several so far and am about to settle on NOTEBOOKS. No handwritten notes (but a sketch page!) but has just about the feature set I wanted, including easy wifi back-and-forth between pad and laptop. Expensive though at $8.99. Worth it? Seems so to me. YMMV.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
There have been many topics on this subject before, and I would ask that you use the search feature the next time you want to ask a question, but yes, for the money, Notetaker HD is the best, imo.

satar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a very new owner of an iPad 2 "finally". I have been using onenote for years and have come to realize that although I absolutely LOVE onenote for its ability to arrange things by notebooks with sectional tabs that are further broken down by pages and sub-pages not to mention all the formatting capabilities and what not, I see no practical way to use it on my iPad. There are some great starts towards this with mobileNoter and Outline but I want/need something now. I looked through a TON of apps out there that could come close to the rich layout (at least in my opinion) as onenote has that would allow me to at least share my stuff between my iPad and iPhone beings I plan to use my iPad as my primary input device and Awesome Note HD came the closest. I purchased it only to find that I also had to buy a separate version for my iPhone. Still $4.99+$3.99 is totally worth it to me to have some style to the app to make it pleasing on the eyes and smart layout so I can organize my life with it. I like this app very much compared to others that I have reviewed BUT it has some unfortunate drawbacks that hopefully will improve over time:

The main complaint I have is with its sync capibilites. It has the ability to use google docs or Evernote account for sync'ing but you have to remember to do it anytime before or after you have made changes. One thing that could help this is to at least allow you to setup such that as soon as you start the app it first does an update sync in case you made changes on you other device - I would think that one would be easy and I plan to suggest it to the developer. Another issue is that if you create a new notebook on one device it will sync to the others upon you manually requesting a sync on each device individually but it doesn't pass the notebook formatting, which is a big reason I liked this app because of the slick format layouts. you can update them on each device separately though and they will stick. I would like at least the option to keep the format to be the same on all synced devices - probably already in the works I'll bet.

Anyway, that's my 1.25 cents ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts