What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best app for saving a web page as a pdf?

Jaybird57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks, but I cannot get it to work.
I get 'safari Cannot open the page because the address is invalid'.
I re did your instructions 3 times, and took out the space.
Any help would be appreciated,
J

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you talking about saving a web page as a PDF? Because I just tested it and it works fine. The JavaScript is:

javascript:pdf_url=location.href;location.href='http://pdfmyurl.com?url='+escape(pdf_url)

*And I removed the space already, so all you have to do is paste the above into your URL field (when editing the book mark).

I don't really know how to tell you any different, especially after you've said you followed the steps. Maybe you've run across a web site that just won't work to convert. Did you try another to see?

Sorry not to be of more help - I just can't duplicate the error.

Marilyn

Jaybird57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again,
Thanks for taking time to reply. Sorry to sound like a dumbo, but I re did it and got 'page not found'.
I am stumped, and have had macs for many years
Thx tho'. J

Iamme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi..
I followed your instruction but page not found always pop out..
:(..
Thank you for your help

Last edited:

jolie11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would vote for PDF Printer for iPad, it works nice on creating Adobe PDF documents from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote files as well as Photos and Contacts on the iPad.

Chuy Hardy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy icab mobile, it's the best browser ever made for iPad, you can save any page on PDF, and a LOT of other stuff, hope you like it :)

Thorz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Came here by a Google search. I know it's an old thread but will post anyway.
The bookmarklet works great with webpages that are not behind https. I was going to print a Gmail message and this method did not work.
I guess I have to try one of the PDF printers or iCab browser.

Thanks anyway.

adhneywilson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was really very interesting. I would like to have complete details about all these latest updates. Please anyone experienced or having information about these share for me. Thanks in advance.

Most reactions

Latest posts