What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belkin Bluetooth receiver - alternatives WITH volume control?

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Is there a Bluetooth receiver like the Belkin, but one that lets you control the volume from the iPad, without jailbreaking or beta software?

Last edited:

rkelac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Is there a Bluetooth receiver like the Belkin, but one that lets you control the volume from the iPad?

Yes, it's called the Belkin Bluetooth receiver. Airplay allows the iPad to control the volume.

OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI the Belkin Bluetooth receiver does not let you control the volume from the iPad (it outputs a non-variable line level audio signal), and I'm not looking for a new Airplay-enabled amp or an iHome.

Last edited:

rkelac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI the Belkin Bluetooth receiver does not let you control the volume from the iPad (it outputs a non-variable line level audio signal), and I'm not looking for a new Airplay-enabled amp or an iHOme.

FYI mine does. I'm sure you read this but I'll repeat it for others.

"I have the Belkin Bluetooth and it allows you to adjust volume on the iPad (at least with ios 4.2 and Airplay). Airplay is kind of interesting. When you open Airplay on the iPad, you can select to send the audio to the Apple TV, the Belkin Bluetooth, or the iPad speaker."

It's less than $40 and will feed any powered speaker or an amp. However, with an amp, the Apple TV 2 is much more versatile.

OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, I edited my question to specify no jailbreak or beta software.

OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update...

With iOS the official iOS 4.2.1 the bluetooth is now variable audio out. Volume control on the iPad works with the Belkin bluetooth receiver.

OP
S

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, not as good as wire, but better than those old FM transmitters used in cards to send an ipod's sound to a car's audio that did not have an aux in

Most reactions

Latest posts