What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Replacement ?

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
:confused:I don't have one yet but if you have to send it back to have the battery replaced at some point...can you "save" all the apps you bought and put them back in the I-Pad you get back?

They say once you have the battery replaced all your stuff is gone when you get it back?

Thanks, Ken

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah just backup your ipad on itunes before taking the ipad in, then when you get a new ipad just restore it on itunes from that backup.

Also anything that you purchase from the itunes store can be re-downloaded at any point without having to pay for it again. So in the case you dont restore from a backup, you can always go back into the itunes store and re-download all the apps youve paid for.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is important to mention that when you send your iPad in for a battery replacement, you do NOT get your iPad back! You get back a refurbished iPad with a new battery and that means it will have NONE of your stuff on it so it is imperative to sync your iPad BEFORE you send it in.

The good news is that the battery is supposed to be good for at least 1000 charge cycles so even if you completely discharged and charged your iPad every day, it would take nearly three years to reach this point. Apple actually says the "average" life span should be around 5 years.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think they would have a power unit plugged into th iPad when they Changed the battery or at least do the back-up for you.

Al.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
C-4 we posted at the same time so I didn't benefit from your knowledge of the battery replacement procedure.

Al.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the skinny from Apple --

Apple - Support - Battery Replacement Service - iPad

"If your iPad requires service due to the battery's diminished ability to hold an electrical charge... Apple will replace your iPad for a service fee."

Will the data on my iPad be preserved?
No. You will receive a replacement iPad that will not contain any of your personal data. Before you submit your iPad for service, it is important to sync your iPad with iTunes to back up your contacts, calendars, email account settings, bookmarks, apps, etc. Apple is not responsible for the loss of information when servicing your iPad."

Most reactions

Latest posts