What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery replacement preparation-re iCloud

Sodypop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone go through the process of backing up for refurbished iPad 2? My battery is near extinction. Takes longer to charge than it lasts before next charge. I'm backed up under normal process done automatically, but does that get everything. Then is there a specific procedure for restoring my data to the new iPad? I recognize I will probably need to reset most settings and I'll try to print them out before sending in the original for replacement.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have access to a computer, you can back up your iPad to iTunes on the computer. This will store a complete record of everything that's on your iPad. When you receive the new iPad you can set it up from the backup you made. The new iPad will have all the content and data that was on the old iPad. Backing up and restoring through iTunes is generally much faster than doing an iCloud backup and restore.

BTW, your settings are part of the backup and don't have to be recorded and re-entered manually after a restore.

OP
S

Sodypop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm currently exploring backing up to my pc with iTunes.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm currently exploring backing up to my pc with iTunes.

Also when you make the backup with iTunes, if you select the encrypt backup option, the backup will include all app passwords, and other sensitive data. The end result is when you restore your iPad with an encrypted backup, it will be exactly as it was when the backup was made.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Replacing the Battery shouldn't have any affect on the iPad's data unless the logic board is damaged in the process. If done properly, your iPad will be exactly as you left it before the repair.

Most reactions

Latest posts