What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery life

OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's what I am thinking too!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
Hi Molly,

I thought that the same-when I started reading all these posts about battery issue. Maybe I did, I do not know--however, I did do the reset as some members mentioned, and it seemed to go back to the normal battery life I was used to prior to the update. I used it quite a bit Sunday-most of the day, Monday night and Tuesday night. On Wednesday, the battery was down to 7%. So I figured I would drain it to 0% since I had not done so this last month. Sure did take a lot of time to drain it down. In fact it took about 4 hours to drain my battery from 7% to 0% today, while playing music with the screen off.

I was very surprised about how long 7% goes with this use. I am sure, if was surfing the web or playing a movie-the battery would have drained quicker...though not sure.

Thank you so much ski...tried the reset and it worked beautifully.Frustration gone........I've been using my iPad since 11am till now 2326hours n it's only at 71%.back to normal.
Clearly whatever issue it had has been resolved...I also let it run a full cycle and recharged it to 100% last night so that could be a contributing factor.
If I may suggest,since this method worked for my ipad2,that people with a similar battery drain issue due to the updated firmware try this before looking for more complex solutions.
Though the reason as to why it happen still remains a mystery to me,I'm relieved it wasn't permanent.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much ski...tried the reset and it worked beautifully.Frustration gone........I've been using my iPad since 11am till now 2326hours n it's only at 71%.back to normal.
Clearly whatever issue it had has been resolved...I also let it run a full cycle and recharged it to 100% last night so that could be a contributing factor.
If I may suggest,since this method worked for my ipad2,that people with a similar battery drain issue due to the updated firmware try this before looking for more complex solutions.
Though the reason as to why it happen still remains a mystery to me,I'm relieved it wasn't permanent.

Hi kagiso-so glad to hear that this helped you! Wow-did you mean 2326 hour? My guess not, yes? However, whatever your usage is, at least it is better than before!

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd say battery usage in my new iPad is similar to my iPad 1

Sent from my iPad 3

Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi kagiso-so glad to hear that this helped you! Wow-did you mean 2326 hour? My guess not, yes? However, whatever your usage is, at least it is better than before!

As in from 11am till like 11:26pm(around 12hours,not continually though)...thank again.

OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hahaha...I was thinking that's some battery. I was jealous...lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts