What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery draning faster since iOS6

pilotpierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad battery seems to drain down a lot faster since the upgrade, anyone else experiencing this?

The iPhone seems about the same though.

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long does it take yours to drain? Do you know how long it took to drain on iOS 5?

If you do, please post the times
Nathan

OP
P

pilotpierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't timed it in hours but prior to the upgrade I used to get 4 to 5 days, now I just got 3 with the same amount of daily usage

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really? Hmmm..

It may have something to do with the Facebook syncing. Do you have a Facebook and a twitter account set up?
Are you sure you haven't activated some new settings after the update?

Nathan

OP
P

pilotpierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have a twitter account at all and have never used Facebook on the iPad. Both are time wasters in my humble opinion.

I don't believe I have anything more activated now than before.

I will let this charge run right down and try to keep a record of usage after the recharge.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check all your settings. Sometimes a new iOS will change a few settings or add new ones that operate unless you turn them off.

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Pilotpirre

Can you please send me a Private message or tell me on Here how to Set up your new iPad to Last4-5 days? I am lucky if my new iPad Lasses me a Day in a half thank you for any help with this.

Last edited:
OP
P

pilotpierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevin43 said:
Hi Pilotpirre

Can you please send me a Private message or tell me on Here how to Set up your new iPad to Last 3-4 days? I am lucky if my new iPad Lasses me a Day in a half thank you for any help with this.

Kev,
I probably only use it for no more than 2 hours a day, mainly for emails, weather, news, a couple of forums and Words withFriends.

Pete

OP
P

pilotpierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bdude52 said:
Ok, that would be good.

What are the specifications of your ipad? 1,2,3? Wifi or wifi + 3G, ect

IPad 3 with wifi, no 3G

OP
P

pilotpierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bdude52 said:
Ok, so from previous posts, i can see you don't use it very much.

Since installing ios 6, what apps have you installed?

Just ''find friends'' and YouTube that disappeared with the update.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check your screen brightness. Setting it to high will drain the battery faster than a lower setting.

OP
P

pilotpierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Check your screen brightness. Setting it to high will drain the battery faster than a lower setting.

Brightness is on auto and always has been.

On the plus I charged it (and took it off the charger) last night prior to going to bed and have probably used it for 15 minutes this morning and it is still showing 100%?????

Last edited:

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't changed a thing since the update and I haven't kept specific stats, but mine seems to run down faster than before iOS 6. I have a few friends that have offered the same observation. Perhaps someone will provide some hard facts on this issue.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts