What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery life

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since the last update, it seems like the battery drains faster than ever. Is anyone else having a similar issue?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't noticed a difference, but I haven't been looking! I'll monitor and let you know!

OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks all. I appreciate the input.

nychandsome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mollysmom said:
Since the last update, it seems like the battery drains faster than ever. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Hi, I have notice the same issue with my iPad as well. Any ideas?

OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Not a clue. When I have some time, I'll look around to see if anyone has any suggestions.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Molly,

I thought that the same-when I started reading all these posts about battery issue. Maybe I did, I do not know--however, I did do the reset as some members mentioned, and it seemed to go back to the normal battery life I was used to prior to the update. I used it quite a bit Sunday-most of the day, Monday night and Tuesday night. On Wednesday, the battery was down to 7%. So I figured I would drain it to 0% since I had not done so this last month. Sure did take a lot of time to drain it down. In fact it took about 4 hours to drain my battery from 7% to 0% today, while playing music with the screen off.

I was very surprised about how long 7% goes with this use. I am sure, if was surfing the web or playing a movie-the battery would have drained quicker...though not sure.

OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks ski, just to make sure I am on the same page, it's the reset all settings, correct?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, not that one. I did the (soft) reset from pressing the power switch and the home button at the same time.

I don't think I came across that recommendation to do the reset of all settings, but there's multiple threads talking about battery, wifi, etc--that I may have missed it.

OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok thank you because the other reset is a p.i.t.a

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I almost did that for something else-but opted out. I'm sure it takes a while for it to complete!

Let us know how your battery performance is after you do it. I just started using mine, after pulling it off the charger at 5:45 pm. I'll be mindful of my battery performance after fully draining it to 0.

nychandsome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I almost did that for something else-but opted out. I'm sure it takes a while for it to complete!

Let us know how your battery performance is after you do it. I just started using mine, after pulling it off the charger at 5:45 pm. I'll be mindful of my battery performance after fully draining it to 0.

Hey Skinny,

I'm not getting what you are suggesting to do? Please help out!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Skinny,

I'm not getting what you are suggesting to do? Please help out!

LOL--Thanks, I like that..."Skinny!"

When I posted to Mollysmom--I had reported the reset from settings. I had thought that I had read that it may be one of the options. Since than, I realized that this was more for other issues seen for the new ipad, such as the wifi connection etc.

The reset - I recommended for Molly was pressing the power button and home button at the same time.

Also-have you let your battery drain down to 0% once a month to help to re-calibrate your battery? See this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/67405-battery-question.html#post475203

ssilver10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 5.1 addreses battery-bug issues. It would be more clearer to have the model of iPad you have (iPad1, 2, 3). But you should always have your iPad have 1 full battery cycle a month (100% to 0%). Somethings such as gaming and watching video will drain the battery quicker. If you have a 3G/LTE model, that will surely drain the battery more as it will be connected to the network.

Reaction score
mollysmom said:

I bought my iPad2 on the 3rd of March(jus last month) n I was quite impressed with its long battery life...I mean I could literally b on it the whole day and by the time i turn it off I'd only have it at 50%.AT the time it ran on OS 5.0.1,but since updating to OS 5.1 the battery drain has increased exponentially,at-least 50% more than at first.Its extremely disappointing to have to be subject to this,especially as a new iPad owner.So yes I do believe that there is a genuine problem that needs to be fixed You aren't the only one....

Most reactions

Latest posts