What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery life when jailbroken - how to troubleshoot?

leland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using a jb ipad2 and my battery life is pretty poor. Are there common culprits that I should look at in terms of themes, cydia settings, etc? I have a mod lockscreen, folder enhancer and a few winterboard enhancements.

Alternatively are there hacks to improve battery life?

Thx!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Badly coded Winterboard themes are likely to be the culprits, especially if not designed for iPad. What do you have enabled?

Folder enhancer is perfectly fine. And no, there are no hacks to improve battery life. You just need to identify what it is that you installed which is causing a problem. None of the mainstream apps & tweaks are known to badly drain the battery unexpectedly.

It's usually something old and badly coded or not intended for iPad which is the problem.

OP
L

leland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I got it. Was a Breeze HD lockscreen. Removing that got everything a-ok.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I got it. Was a Breeze HD lockscreen. Removing that got everything a-ok.

Glad you got it fixed!

Whilst that is an iPad lock screen, I would guess that it has some poorly written or overly aggressive javascript to run the time / date etc. Especially if it is configured to update the seconds on the clock.

Most reactions

Latest posts