What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad battery, charger, or other?

kight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost every time I now turn on my iPad 1, after overnight charging, the screen only displays the battery atop the disconnected electrical cord, suggesting that it needs to be recharget. Yet, after many minutes of reconnecting, then restarting the iPad, the Apple logo will eventually appear following by the Home screen showing that the iPad is fully charged. What is going on?

OP
K

kight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That may be the ticket unless I can find someone to whom this has actually occurred. Thanks!

Satman40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When any computerized item has a problem we remove the ground wire and re set the unit, Works on GM Vehicle , hope it works...it is FREE..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try running the iPad down until the battery is below 10%, or even letting it shut itself down. Then plug it in and let it charge completely, to 100%. This recalibrates the software that monitors the battery charge.

I give it a 50/50 chance of fixing the problem; which I admit is a purely bs statistic I made up to sound cool.

Satman40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, I had heard 20%, but more never hurts.

I have drained ICs by grounding them out, and then burning them in again, after erasing them.

OP
K

kight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In desperation, I decided to share my problem with the only PC repair tec within 40 miles. Since this is the original battery, he feels strongly that the battery is the culprit and recommends upgrading to an iPad Air, pointing out the hefty cost of installing a new battery, if I could even find a replacement battery. I was actually planning to try running the battery down to the point where it shuts down but I have not been able to get it back on.

Satman40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
40 miles , take it to s cell phone dealer, and ask then to clean out the connections, Some of the guys in there might give you a fresh look at your problem..

Also Apple might give you some bucks on s trade in..

My IPad 1 left a long time ago...

OP
K

kight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My tale of woe has suddenly taken a turn for the worse. After weighing all the marvelous tips and cost considerations, I decided to pick up an Apple Air 2 at the Apple Store and let them sync it with my PC. But before that could occur, they had to update iTunes on the PC to version 12. Version 12 failed to properly install. Worse yet, even the older versions of iTunes could not be reinstalled. So until I'm able to solve this problem, it looks like the iPad Air 2 has become a pie in the sky. Thanks to everyone who came to my aid.

1. Replies:
    13​
    Views:
    6,458​

2. AA battery iPad charger?

Replies:
    9​
    Views:
    2,382​

3. Jailbreaking(good or bad?)

Replies:
    7​