What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Back Up Pack

bertair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some time I have used a battery back up pack for my ipod Classic whenever I am travelling and do not have power to recharge. This pack operates with 4 AA cells through the usual USB connection.
It gives me around another 6 to 8 hours of power which is really handy.Add more AA cells and I can keep it going longer.
My question is, if I wanted to use this method to back up my iPad (1st gen) power, would it be safe to use and not cause any problems to the internal battery of the iPad ?
Or are there other issues involved which I need to take into account ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The real problem that you'll face is that the iPad draws very considerably more current than the iPod and 4 AA cells would provide very little in the way of additional operating time for the iPad - literally only a few minutes. The only real solution is one of the 'custom' iPad rechargeable battery packs that are widely advertised and discussed on this Forum.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts