Automee-S is a robot that cleans your iPad screen

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Feb 6, 2013.

By RaduTyrsina on Feb 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  1. RaduTyrsina

Expand Collapse
    News Team

Jun 22, 2012
    Thanks Received:

Screens have a tendency to attract dust, no matter how often you clean it and what kind of products you use in the process. You might have wiped your iPad’s screen yesterday, but then got home to find it is covered in dust once again. For those annoyed at the prospect of becoming some sort of Greek Sisyphus when your electronic devices are concerned, you should know there’s a solution to the problem.

Japanese firm Takara Tomny has come up with an ingenious solution that will leave your iPad screen shiny clean, without you having to touch it. The invention has been nicknamed Automee-S and is a round shape device that measures 2.75 inches and comes in four different colors: orange, white, pink and blue. The little dust eater resembles in appearance to the iRobot Roomba floor-cleaning automatons, so you can get an idea.

The Automee-S will cost around of $17 and runs on average AA batteries. The device cleans the surface using two replaceable cleaning discs. These discs are programmed so that they will recognize when they come across the edges of the device, and will not stumble off it, but turn back. The whole cleaning process can take up to eight minutes, roughly.

So far, there’s no word if the device will be made available in the United States, but it is known that the Automee-S will be out on the Japanese market starting March the 28th.

Source: Engadget
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Feb 6, 2013.

1. iJamesH
      I hope it comes here to the US as it sounds like something that I need. You get tired of using a cloth all the time to clean the screen as my room can get dusty really bad.
    2. Barnipad
      Eight minutes is a bit long, either it moves very slow or it moves random and will in 8 minutes have eventually covered 100% of the complete screen area. Looking at the size of the little robot it is covering about 20% of the screen. Price is not too bad.
    3. s2mikey
      I don't see the point. If you have a good quality screen protector then simply using warm water and a soft towel make it look like new with about a minute of effort.
    4. Kaykaykay
      I wouldn't use this thing for free, except as a gag. It takes maybe 30 seconds to wipe my screen, and it's not like some kind of workout, lol.
    5. s2mikey
      Right. I mean, an automatic pool cleaner is one thing. But, an automated cleaner for a ten inch iPad screen? Seriously? It's like the abbreviation for July being JUL. who's in that much of a hurry? Lol. :)
    6. goofy8275
      I totally AGGREE with you guys. Do you really need a robot to clean your 10" screen in 8 min. when you can wipe it down in 30 sec?

From the iPad of Goofy8275, user
    7. Nikhil
      Correction it's 11 inch I guess
    8. Kaykaykay
      I usually clean all my screens at once when I'm home and have all of them handy. Tonight, I dampened an eyeglass cloth and wiped the screens of two iPads, two Kindle Fire HD 7", a Samsung 7", a 5" Samsung phablet, an iPhone and an iPod touch in less than eight minutes, lol.
    9. goofy8275
      Correction. It's 10 inch.

From the iPad of Goofy8275, user