What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto updating.

shaka71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have set my iPad to auto update the apps, which is a feature I love. It was such a pain to update manually back in the day. However, some apps still make me do it manually. Any know why that is? Is there anything I can do about it to make all apps update automatically?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All apps should update, eventually, however it's perfectly normal to open the App Store and see apps waiting to update; since updates may become available at any time of the day. Normally the iPad only initiates automatic updates when the iPad is plugged into power and has wi-fi available. Even then it will wait a bit go make sure you are not using the device. Late at night seems to be the preferred time to update.

I have seen it update apps in the middle of the day and not plugged in, but (I suspect) this only happens if you got plenty of battery and a wi-fi connection, and if the apps that need updating are small.

It also likes to update just because you opened the App Store and looked at the Updates tab. Mine does anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts