Auto Rotate

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by NorPlan, Nov 30, 2015.

1. NorPlan

NorPlan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    :( Having a Senior's Moment.. How I don't know but the Screen has locked in one position.. Unable to get screen to rotate as you turn iPad around.. Question , where can I put a Check in the Box if you will.. Cheers Thanks...

2. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Swipe up from the bottom and you should see a lock icon with a arrow around it. Tap that to turn off rotation lock.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. NorPlan

NorPlan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks... The RotateButton was OFF, I tried Powering Down the iPad .. Whatever it was, is gone.. All is Good, Cheers Thanks

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello NorPlan - while I was putting together a few images to post, Brian already replied w/ a suggestion - BUT, let me add some pics which may help - first, keep in mind that your iPad 2 has a 'Side Switch' which can be set to either mute sound or to lock rotation (that setting is in your Settings - not sure which iOS is installed on your device), so you may have inadvertently moved the switch if you iPad is setup to use that slider to determine rotation status (see first image).

Now, the recommendation was to simply bring up the 'Control Panel' (second pic on my iPad Air 2 w/ iOS 9.1) - the 'Lock Rotation' icon has an arrow - so hope this adds a little to the previous post. Dave :)

P.S. well, you already replied and fixed the issue - maybe next time you'll have a better idea - ;)
    Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 5.48.30 PM.png IMG_4447.PNG