What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto-Change Brightness on charge?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Usually when I take my iPad out of the house I have it on less than 20% brightness, but when I get home and put it to charge, I would like it at above 80% brightness. Petty much the same way a laptop does, when charging the screen is bright, when unplugged it dims. Is there a Cydia tweak that automatically does this? Or will I have to do it manually every time?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Sonicrobby. Yes, this is quite easy with our good old friend "Activator".

By default, Activator doesn't ship with a brightness action, however there is a free one in Cydia called "Brightness Activator Action". Download and install this.

Then configure "Activator" in Settings for "Anywhere" and set the Power "Connected" and "Disconnected" actions to "Brightness Up" and "Brightness Down" respectively. Ignore the fact that the text says "by 10%".

You then have another setting in your main iPad Settings panel titled "Brighness Activator Action". This is the actual value that the brighness changes by each time the action is triggered.

So, from your request, if you set the slider bar to about 60%, and start your brightness at 20% when unplugged, it should jump to 80% (20+60) when plugged in and drop again to 20% (80-60) when unplugged. As I say, you may need to fiddle with the slider a bit to get the setting you like.

Hope that helps!

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Hi Sonicrobby. Yes, this is quite easy with our good old friend "Activator".

By default, Activator doesn't ship with a brightness action, however there is a free one in Cydia called "Brightness Activator Action". Download and install this.

Then configure "Activator" in Settings for "Anywhere" and set the Power "Connected" and "Disconnected" actions to "Brightness Up" and "Brightness Down" respectively. Ignore the fact that the text says "by 10%".

You then have another setting in your main iPad Settings panel titled "Brighness Activator Action". This is the actual value that the brighness changes by each time the action is triggered.

So, from your request, if you set the slider bar to about 60%, and start your brightness at 20% when unplugged, it should jump to 80% (20+60) when plugged in and drop again to 20% (80-60) when unplugged. As I say, you may need to fiddle with the slider a bit to get the setting you like.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much! This is EXACTLY what I wanted.

Most reactions

Latest posts