What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Brightness

whatever004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone here please help me. my ipad auto brightness works good when i turn on my light from off to on, but when i turn off the light from on to off, the ipad screen brightness still remain the same, oh my god..it's so bright..every time i solve it by lock/unlock the screen..any solution for that? PLEASE~~~~

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this when you are adjusting your brightness or when you turn the iPad on and or off.

Study13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's the only way to "reset" the light to a dimmer setting. All iOS devices behave the same way.

OP
W

whatever004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how to resit bro? because it's not auto brightness at all since i have to lock then unclock my screen..should i restore?

Study13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with your device. They all behave the same way: automatically turn up the brightness but do not turn it back down. Locking the device and then turning it back on is the only way to make it dimmer again.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Study13 said:
There is nothing wrong with your device. They all behave the same way: automatically turn up the brightness but do not turn it back down. Locking the device and then turning it back on is the only way to make it dimmer again.

That's not the way auto brightness works on my iPad .It brightens AND dims,according to the ambient light,if it is turned on.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The auto brightness on my two iPads, iPhone 4 and 4S, and touch 4 brightens and dims, but the feature is next to useless for me -- it's sluggish and not good at detecting and reacting. On my iPads, I just set brightness manually because of that. On iPhone and touch, I also do that, but with an app that looks like a dimmer light switch. It's called Dimmer.

Study13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's not the way auto brightness works on my iPad .It brightens AND dims,according to the ambient light,if it is turned on.

Auto-brightness has never worked that way on my iPad 3 or any of my iOS devices (touch 2nd gen and iPhone 4). It's always been a "one way" approach to brightness for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts