What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistive Technology

Flippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to the forum and I'm happy to be here. I use my iPad with kids who have severe disabilities and are unable to talk or write. The iPad and it's incredible apps...well, most of them...have been amazing for my students. Anybody else using the iPad for augmentative communication and/or word processing, reading, etc.?

Thanks,
Flippy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh come on, I'm sure the kids loved the fart apps. :D

Always glad to hear stories of how technology is helping kids. Thanks.

OP
Flippy

Flippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely

You don't have to be a "typical" kid to love fart apps!

Kwage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just saw your post and I use the iPad for augmentative communication with my clients. I purchased Proloquo2go and other apps that are very helpful. I'd like to hear what you are using.

OP
Flippy

Flippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Proloquo2Go

I use Proloquo2Go also. My students love it! I like the fact that it's easy to program, you can import photos to individualize buttons and pages and you can't beat the price compared to other high end communication software. I also use Tap To Talk, Speak it, Auto Verbal and the male and female Aphasia. How do you like Pro2Go?

OP
Flippy

Flippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice AAC Link

Thanks for the link. It gave some good info on Smarty Ears AAC apps. I also use Text to Speak app which allows the user to type anything they want to say and have it spoken.

jrsulja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flippy, I am contemplating on which app to purchase for my 12 yr old son with Downs'. His school recommended Proloquo2go and a friend of mine recommended tap to talk. Both programs would cost relatively the same, I read your comments that you have used both. Can you give me some feedback on both - please????????????
thanks so much!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Flippy, I am contemplating on which app to purchase for my 12 yr old son with Downs'. His school recommended Proloquo2go and a friend of mine recommended tap to talk. Both programs would cost relatively the same, I read your comments that you have used both. Can you give me some feedback on both - please????????????
thanks so much!

I use Proloquo2Go also. My students love it! I like the fact that it's easy to program, you can import photos to individualize buttons and pages and you can't beat the price compared to other high end communication software. I also use Tap To Talk, Speak it, Auto Verbal and the male and female Aphasia. How do you like Pro2Go?

Hi there--I am going to move this to the Special Needs Forum. You will find several threads discussing apps for members with communicative disabilities.

Also, there is a thread for Autism discussing the apps.

OP
Flippy

Flippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are both excellent apps for communication. I prefer Proloquo2Go because it's so flexible and easy to individualize for the
user's needs. You can use any combination of icons or photos for your son to personalize each page which will make using a
communication app more inviting to use. You can even choose which voice best suits him :) Tap To Talk is also good but I think
P2G offers a little more "bang for your buck". No app is perfect, though, and I think you'd be pleased with either one. You could
also take a peek at "PandaPal PECS", "Pictello", "Abilipad" and "Sono Flex". Good luck and let me know what you and your IEP
team decide!

Most reactions

Latest posts