What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I start with MS way back in the DOS days....in face, back in the IBM days....we had a DOS from IBM and then the thing called MS-DOS. Then I struggled with every sad version on Windows that MS released and many versions on ugly PCs that various manufacturers. Sad sad sad. Somebody should get sued. Still. Anyway, my point is that iOS is dirt simply compared to that stuff. Just download the iPad manual and read it. You'll pick it up in no time as long as you don't insist on doing things they way you are used to. You have to accept the apple way. iOS is a simple, compact OS that doesn't pretend to be all things to all people. Nothing you can do about eyesight. I'm 55 and I see up close just find and have no problems with touch screens, even though even I don't like typing large amounts of text on a touch screen.
I agree with everything. Started with iPod touch in 2008 and now am totally apple. Just the thought of touching the other one sends the shivers down my back. Unfortunately, I still have to use it at school. Sigh! Hate it. But necessary. Home though is a dream.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My MacBook Air is a lovely machine. No whirring fans and hot, hot, hot on your lap. Light as a feather and I don't regret the expense. I have a ipad 3 but this little precious deals with all my school work, iTunes library, ebook library and I love it to bits.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My MacBook Air is a lovely machine. No whirring fans and hot, hot, hot on your lap. Light as a feather and I don't regret the expense. I have a ipad 3 but this little precious deals with all my school work, iTunes library, ebook library and I love it to bits.

I've played on one in a store, but it's not the same as taking one home to use.
Maybe one day if things improve I could justify one :) , my ipad 3 serves as the main device I use, my pc sits redundant and rarely used, only for iTunes back up or moving media around, then my phone which is always with me, but with some of the work I do it's not ideal to pull out of my pocket during the day.

Maybe again soon I'll take a trip to my local ( 90 odd miles away ) Apple store and ceck out the new hardware.

The new mac looks awesome with the tubular design , and soooooooo small!!!

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the same qualms but I needed a laptop which could hold all my iTunes, books etc.. And the Toshiba c..p I had was failing me and I didn't want to take the chance of losing all my songs, films and tv shows that I had collected over the years. Although the MBA doesn't have the storage, the external hard drive I had, did so I convinced my other half it was well worth the expense. I do still use my ipad more but it is so easy to just pick up the MBA and work with the iWork's and ms office that I have to work with due to my school work. I went with office 365 home and it works well. I love iWork's but I haven't got to the point where it could take over from my schools versions. My future purchase will definitely be a hard drive that's over the air as the WD I have has to be attached to the MBA and is very annoying when just touching the wire makes it disconnect. Apart from that no complaints at all.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose Windows is the OS most schools use.
My Thinkpad isn't old enough to get "retired", so it's a PC at home as well. But since I received my first iPad, I rarely use the laptop.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose Windows is the OS most schools use. My Thinkpad isn't old enough to get "retired", so it's a PC at home as well. But since I received my first iPad, I rarely use the laptop.
My old laptop, which I retired when I got a MacBook Pro last year, was an IBM ThinkPad. I haven't turned it on in over a year.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My old laptop, which I retired when I got a MacBook Pro last year, was an IBM ThinkPad. I haven't turned it on in over a year.
The last time I had to use mine was in February, I think.
It's just 3 years old and still a good device, even with Windows 8.1 installed, so it'll "live" for a while, I suppose.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was shocked when my windows machine worked when I used it the other day ....!

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

Most reactions

Latest posts