What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are you a mac or a windows user?

are you a mac or windows user

• I am a mac user

Votes: 203 25.3%
  • I am a windows user

Votes: 403 50.2%
  • I use both

Votes: 197 24.5%

• Total voters

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes and no...the transfer of iTunes was fairly simple and the set up was similar to that of an iPad. The swipe/gestures on the track pad is the same and a little more to learn on the Mac. Like getting a right click...you have to do a 2-finger tap from what I learned. To drag and click, or copy and paste is the same.

Words like Launchpad and Mission control is a little confusing for me, but I think I understand now what it is...I think!

aq_oc and mwhartman provided some links and also a tutorial app on Mountain lion. So, everyday I listen to a few session and learn a little more. I am thinking of the free workshops and also maybe the One-on-one offering for a year to help me learn more. :)

Thanks for the hints. I'm hoping to join you lot in Macland sometime next month. I'm thinking of going pretty well bare bones but laying out a bit on extra storage. I won't be doing much multitasking so extra RAM and faster processors probably won't be necessary.

The more I can save on this one, the faster I'll be able to get a 27" iMac so I figure it's worth sacrificing a little here.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the hints. I'm hoping to join you lot in Macland sometime next month. I'm thinking of going pretty well bare bones but laying out a bit on extra storage. I won't be doing much multitasking so extra RAM and faster processors probably won't be necessary.

The more I can save on this one, the faster I'll be able to get a 27" iMac so I figure it's worth sacrificing a little here.

I think you would be fine with the bare bones set up. I had thought about upgrading the RAM, but figured I would put that cost towards the AppleCare.

You would love your iMac when you get it! It's a completely different and quite refreshing!:)

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would love a Mac book air :-( but I don't think there's a use for it in my lifestyle .

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just recently started using a Macbook Air at home...actually not even a week.

However, Windows is the operating system I use at work....So I use both! :)

YAY!!! Congrats!!

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Synfulz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sudosyn.com
Mac user at home, however; before that I was using Linux Mint & Ubuntu. At work we use Windows XP (seriously) and we use DOS based programs that are old as dirt. Company needs to upgrade =/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pcmotorhed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm have both an iMac, iPad, iPad 3, and Win 7. I can't part with my Paintshop Pro X5, which runs on Win 7, so I have to use both. I will not likely go to win 8.

AEPiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I now have an iPhone 5 & an iPad mini, both great tool,

johnh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mainly mac, but choices of others sometimes force me to the other

gzigoris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After our(my wife and I) iPad 2's then gave the 2's to daughters. Then we upgraded to iPad 3's. Darn then we went to iPhone 5's. got so sick of MS and then WINDOWS 8(?). Time for a decision. I bought an I7 IMAC.after using it for less than a month I am sold. Never to return to UGH windows. Going over to the dark side is not that bad.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't junked Windows entirely. I recently bought my first Mac, an MBP, but still have my Vista desktop.

Initially, I was intent on getting rid of Windows completely, but figured that I may as well keep the Vista beast. Hardware-wise it runs Vista with few problems, and I have a lot of time invested in Windows.

When I can truthfully state that I can do everything on OS X that I can on Windows, I might look at my situation again, but for now I'll be dual booting.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Windows user, but becoming less by the day. The ipad/iphone/ipod touch combination works for my daily usage online etc throughout the day, in or out , here, and about, and having sold my graphics card from my pc, kinda renders it useless at the moment , and to be honest, its not been used for a good few weeks, so I don't feel rushed to replace it in a hurry just yet. All of my devices take the strain out of sitting in one place using a pc, which makes me more productive during the day.

There are a few things obviously a pc can do over the ipad etc, but , they're becoming less important in a way, like I'll do them when I 'feel' like it, rather than needing to do them when I 'need' to, no rush.

The iPads definitely impacting on my pc usage ,my dependence on a pc is less.

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

Most reactions