What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

appstore showing error 1004

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
also apple store bandwidth being hammered with new 4s buyers.... and IOS 5 updaters, so errors are MUCH more likely right now.

katefehl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just followed yarrenbool's suggestion. The ipad turned itself off and now won't restart at all - I just have a blank, black screen... Does anyone know what I should do now? Please help!
Later.... I got the ipad to restart and hooked it up to itunes store to sync, backup etc so that I could (attempt) to download iOS5.
got the following message after about 5 hours... "The ipad cannot be restored at this time because the ipad software update server could be contacted or is temporarily unavailable". Along with Error 1004 (which didn't occur this time), I have had this message for that last couple of months. Any clues as to how I correct this one??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts