What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

appstore showing error 1004

Status
Not open for further replies.

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this just happened five hours ago, and up to this time, i can't upload app updates nor install those free apps anymore.

does anyone know how to correct it? thanks!

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this just happened five hours ago, and up to this time, i can't upload app updates nor install those free apps anymore.

does anyone know how to correct it? thanks!

Happened to me yesterday.

Did some searching, tried a few things, then:

went to "Settings", then "General", then "Reset", then "Reset all settings"

This does not destroy any data, only a few things needed to be reconfigured; lock screen, wallpaper, lock code, WiFi password, etc. Everything was back to normal in just a few minutes, AND THE APP STORE NO LONGER GAVE THE 1004 ERROR MESSAGE!

carols

iPF Noob
Reaction score
restart and reboot the ipad...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yarrenbool said:
Happened to me yesterday.

Did some searching, tried a few things, then:

went to "Settings", then "General", then "Reset", then "Reset all settings"

This does not destroy any data, only a few things needed to be reconfigured; lock screen, wallpaper, lock code, WiFi password, etc. Everything was back to normal in just a few minutes, AND THE APP STORE NO LONGER GAVE THE 1004 ERROR MESSAGE!

i wouldn't recommend this for those who have JB'd their iPads. i ended up with an endless loop of rebooting that necessitated a restore.

now, still figuring out how the xbackup app works... the saved backups are not there :(

Rauzer1943

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Resolving error 1004 on iPad

restart and reboot the ipad...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

I followed carols' instructions above and it fixed the problem for me. All of my Apps updated immediately! Kudos to carols!

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
really? good for you :)

it happened to me twice already... must be due to some tweak i placed in...

doinks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi..i experienced the same problem 2days ago..i just deleted some big
application and then reboot my ipad.for me it works:))

Kcameron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was getting the same thing....thanks Carol! It worked. Cannot believe some of the other forum suggestions...they make no sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts