What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AppStore forgetfullness

Reaction score
Often when using the Appstore on the iPad, it forgets where it was when using the 'back' button.

Basically, whenever I want to go back to the previous page, the AppStore goes to the first page with standard search settings. It doesn't even remember the sort option. Very frustrating that every time after reading an app description, I have to start the search from the beginning.

Does anyone else have this issue, or knows of a workaround?

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No workaround. That is just the way it is. One of the little annoyances of apps store.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find the trouble with the search function is that it's not specific enough and can only look for apps that you know the name of. But supposing I want to find apps that, say, allow me to sign a PDF document. What would I search for. The only way I've found is to (tediously) scroll through all the apps in the most relevant section and then look at apps that have a name that appears to suggest they might do what I want.

But if I'm looking at app 345 out of 2456 apps and then find that app is not what I'm looking for it takes me right back to app number 1.

I'm surprised that the app authors have not complained more - how do you ever get to view app 2456?

Apps should have searchable 'tag' fields...or this problem should be fixed...

I'm sure I'm missing something - it's early in the morning here, so forgive me if I'm being stupid....

Tim
Scotland

dru9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there

Download appShopper. Better search categories, and also shows which have been discounted, or even reduced to free. Once you've selected an app, it takes you to the buy/download page in the app store.

Most reactions

Latest posts