Looking for a pdf reader which meets these requirements

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by abdu, Nov 13, 2010.

1. zan5hin

zan5hin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If vertical scrolling is such an important feature for you, then how about using 1% of your brain and googling "pdf ipad vertical scrolling". Suprise, PDF Reader Pro is the first hit.

Try thinking for yourself before having a whinge.

2. abdu

abdu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have PDF Reader Pro and it suffers from jerky scrolling between pages. I also mentioned in my post about another app which does vertical scrolling. If you had used 0.5% (maybe too big a number) of your brain and read my post carefully, you would know that just any vertical scrolling is not I am looking for.

3. Dannyboy85

Dannyboy85
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there isn't any "perfect apps" out there. The ones mentioned here are the best I have seen. Sometimes you just have too wait. There will be a better one just might not be today.....:)

4. abdu

abdu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The problem with the ipad is that you don't get trials like a PC where you download a trial and if it doesn't meet your needs, you simply uninstall it and move to the next. I have tried all the free ones. If I add their features together, they actually meet all my needs but none on its own does. I feel I am close but I don't want to purchase all the commercial ones just to find out. That's why I posted here. Maybe someone who purchased one knows.

I appreciate getting replies where the person knows for sure the app does what I want instead of speculations. There are no trials like I said. I will have to buy it. I just went through one and it didn't work out.

5. Dannyboy85

Dannyboy85
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Oh yea, I know the drill... I have had an iPhone since the very first one. Always wished they had some trial program setup. They do it for music & lately they have started 90sec trial clips. Hopefully soon apps will get there too. But who knows I'm sure many Devs have many different opinions on that.:(

6. zan5hin

zan5hin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Well I apologise profusely but even 100% of my brain power does not include mental telepathy. I did read your OP carefully, maybe if you had written it more carefully you would have mentioned that you already have PDF Reader Pro instead of mentioning that you tried a bunch of free apps? :confused::confused::confused:

I think jerky scrolling would be quite apt in your case.

7. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Actually most of the apps, including GoodReader used to have vertical scrolling, and most people didn't like that - we like the feel of flipping pages - so they changed the apps to the form factor that most people wanted.

Good luck on your search anyway.