What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps stuck on "waiting". Help.

lenny12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there I am trying to upload new apps and since this morning all they say are waiting...? I have turned it on and off as well as resetting and they are still waiting. They have been like this sine this morning! Can someone advise me as to what to do please? I have no upgrades that need doing.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use iTunes, you should be able to force your apps to install by syncing.

Boot up itunes, wait for it to download new purchases, then hook up your iPad and SYNC.

The new apps should install.

OP
L

lenny12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iTunes is on PC? Do I need a new connection for this for the iPad?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, iTunes on the PC should automatically download purchased apps, and when you sync they should transfer to the iPad.

You can also try deleting the app (or apps) that is waiting and starting the download again. You only pay once, so this is safe. The app store remembers at you have purchased.

OP
L

lenny12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I delete them when they are waiting?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lenny12 said:
How do I delete them when they are waiting?

The same way as all apps, just long press it to bring up the X to delete.

Have you done any downloads in the iTunes App? have a look and see if you have any pending, just swipe to delete and your apps will then update. Hope this helps.

OP
L

lenny12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firstly I have tried to delete but no X comes up so I can't. Secondly, I tried the syncing last night but they are still waiting this morning. Is there anything else that I can try?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lenny12 said:
Firstly I have tried to delete but no X comes up so I can't. Secondly, I tried the syncing last night but they are still waiting this morning. Is there anything else that I can try?

Some apps in Waiting just won't delete. Have you upgraded your iPad to IOS6? Whenever the iPad is updated all apps are then updated to run on this system. So if you haven't updated the iPad this could be a reason that the apps aren't updating.

Did you look to see if you had any pending downloads in the iTunes app?

Let us know.

OP
L

lenny12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the itunes thing last night and there was nothing there. Also I have already upgraded to IOS6 prior to trying to get the new apps.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lenny12 said:
I did the itunes thing last night and there was nothing there. Also I have already upgraded to IOS6 prior to trying to get the new apps.

Try a reset of your iPad and hope that this fixes it....this will not change anything and is akin to rebooting a pc.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know.

OP
L

lenny12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I reset as you suggested however they are still waiting. Is there anything else that I can try?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In iOS 5 when you updated the Apps app closed and went to the home page and would update in the background. In iOS 6 the updating starts while you are in the app and I think it doesn't continue if you go to the home page or another app. Do you wait in the app?

Stillorganboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, it took two days. They seemed to be backed up because as I added a new app it also showed waiting. It unstuck it self. Is there a bug somewhere ? There should be no need to go to a PC, I have just the ipad 3.

OP
L

lenny12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't wait in the app as I have never had to before! So what happens now just wait and hope for the best or should I be going to an apple store and getting them to fix it? What do you think?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There does seem to be a problem here and it's not until an upgrade for the iPad is released that they do find glitches in the system. Give Czevski's idea a try, if it works, well that would be good until they do sort this out. Getting in touch with Apple is also a good idea to let them know what you are experiencing since the update.

Another reason why apps may be in waiting is if you have any downloads pending in iTunes. Have a look in your iTunes app if there is anything pending then just swipe to delete and this will allow apps to then update.

Most reactions

Latest posts